EducationBachelor's degree in Computer Science, with a minor in Chemistry. California State University, Chico. 2007-2010.
MD, Stony Brook University School of Medicine. 2012-2020.
PhD, Stony Brook University Biomedical Engineering graduate program. 2014-2018. Advanced to candidacy 2017. Defended thesis successfully 2018.
Work and Teaching Experience
- Resident Physician at Stony Brook Children's Hospital, currently a PGY-2 in Pediatrics.
- Assistant Physician at Stony Brook University Hospital during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.
- Co-founded Gnostic Instruments, Inc, a scientific instrumentation consultancy, in 2017.
- Teaching Assistant for "Biophotonics," Spring 2017
- IRTA Fellow, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Biostatistics Branch. 2011-2012
- NIH Summers of Discovery, 2009
- California Department of Transportation, Student Assistant, 2008
- Xuanwen Hua, Changliang Guo, Jian Wang, Deborah Kim-Holzapfel, Bryce Schroeder, Wenhao Liu, Junhua Yuan, Jarrod French, Shu Jia. Depth-extended, high-resolution fluorescence microscopy: whole-cell imaging with double-ring phase (DRiP) modulation. Biomedical Optics Express, 2019. Vol 10, Issue 1. pp 200-214.
- Haoyu Li, Changliang Guo, Deborah Kim-Holzapfel, Weiyi Li, Yelena Altshuller, Bryce Schroeder, Wenhao Liu, Yizhi Meng, Jarrod French, Ken-Ichi Takemaru, Michael Frohman, Shu Jia. Fast, volumetric live-cell imaging using high-resolution light-field microscopy. Biomedical Optics Express, 2019. Vol. 10, Issue 1, pp. 29-49.
- Sravan Munagavalasa*, Bryce Schroeder*, Xuanwen Hua, Shu Jia. Spatial and spectral imaging of point-spread functions using a spatial light modulator. Optics Communications, 2017.
- Bryce Schroeder, Zhen H. Zhu, Changliang Guo, Shu Jia. Engineering and Optimization of Quasi-Nondiffracting Helicon-Like Beams With an Evolutionary Algorithm. IEEE Photonics Journal, May 2017
- Gregory Kirschen, Jia Shen, Mu Tian, Bryce Schroeder, Jia Wang, Guoming Man, Song Wu, and Shaoyu Ge. Active dentate granule cells encode experience to promote the addition of adult-born hippocampal neurons. Journal of Neuroscience, April 2017
- Haoyu Li, Changliang Guo, Inbarasan Muniraj, Bryce Schroeder, John Sheridan, and Shu Jia. Volumetric Light-Field Encryption at the Microscopic Scale. Scientific Reports, 2017.
- Schroeder B, Jia S. Frequency analysis of a self-bending point spread function for 3D localization-based optical microscopy. Optics Letters, 2015.
- Huang W*, Loganantharaj R*, Schroeder B*, Fargo D, Li L. PAVIS: a tool for Peak Annotation and Visualization. Bioinformatics, 2013.
Activity at Academic Meetings
- Bryce Schroeder, Zhen H. Zhu, Changliang Guo, Shu Jia. Evolutionary Optimization of Nondiffracting Helicon Beams. Optical Society of America, Frontiers in Optics, September 2017.
- Bryce Schroeder, Zhen H. Zhu, Changliang Guo, Shu Jia. Evolutionary Optimization of Nondiffracting Helicon Beams. Optical Society of America, Mathematics in Imaging, June 2017.
- Schroeder B, Munagavalasa S, Jia S. Frequency Analysis for 3D Localization-based Optical Microscopy. Optical Society of America, Frontiers in Optics, October 2015.
- Shah C, Schroeder B, Mehta M. Perfluorocarbon-Balanced Salt Solution Interface Deflects Intraocular Foreign Bodies. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, June 2015, Vol. 56, 5104.
- Schroeder B, Li L. Program for Automatic Annotation of Genomic Loci using KnownGene and Other Data. Poster at Genome Informatics, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 2011.
- Schroeder B. NALA: A Domain-Specific Language for Computational Linguistics. Talk at the Student Research Competition, CSU Los Angeles, 2009.
- Best Talk, Medical Scientist Training Program Annual Retreat, 2017.
- Best Oral Presentation Award, Biomedical Engineering Annual Graduate Research Day, SUNY Stony Brook, 2017.
- Best Poster Presentation Award, Biomedical Engineering Annual Graduate Research Day, SUNY Stony Brook, 2016.
- Best Talk, Medical Scientist Training Program Annual Retreat, 2015.
- Best Poster Presentation Award, Biomedical Engineering Annual Graduate Research Day, SUNY Stony Brook, 2015.
- Lt. Robert Merton Rawlins Merit Award, CSU Chico, 2009.
- Member of the Computer Science honor society, Upsilon Pi Epsilon.